Biax now has lab sheet extrusion capabilities to offer, enhancing our current biaxial orientation capabilities. In March of 2013 Biax installed a ZSK-25 Krupp Werner & Pfleiderer 25mm twin screw, co-rotating extruder. This extruder feeds a casting/calendering vertical 3 roll stack. Material can be wound after extrusion, or fed straight to the Biax MDO line.
- 25mm co-rotating screws.
- 40:1 L/D.
- AC motor and vector drive 10:1 constant torque over base speed range.
- 2.5 ratio gearbox for screw speed to 1200 RPMs.
- Electric barrel heaters and a cooling manifold for heating and cooling in a controlled manner.
- 9 barrel sections and 10 heating zones.
- Liquid injection capabilities.
- Temperature controlled vertical 3-roll stack.
- Clutch driven, variable speed wind-up unit, utilized if only extrusion is required.
- 3-roll vertical stack.
- 12″ roll diameter.
- Variable speed drive.
- Calendering capability.
#3 – 14 inch and #1 – 16 inch chrome plated P-20 Cloeren sheet dies are available for customer use.